Michael is particularly adept at undertaking in-depth research into all aspects of a matter to ensure a comprehensive understanding. He then disseminates this information to key stakeholders to assist with their findings and resolutions. This forensic skill is particularly valuable in matters where little public information is available.
Michael has a strong understanding of and experience in insolvency and system administration. Prior to joining Jirsch Sutherland in 2002, Michael was a Senior Assistant Official Receiver at the Australian Financial Security Authority (Previously known as the Insolvency Trustee Service Australia).
Michael has gained significant experience working across a variety of industries including:
- Negotiation skills
- Dispute Resolution
- Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Diploma in Advanced Accounting
- Advanced Insolvency Law & Practice, I and II
- Diploma in System Administration
Michael has been working in the insolvency industry for over 20 years. He has vast experience in managing all types of insolvency administrations in numerous industries.
His exposure to numerous challenging circumstances has enabled him to deal with those affected with empathy without losing sight of his requirement to deal with the issue efficiently and commercially.
Michael is also a proficient negotiator with a history of successful business sales and dispute resolutions behind him.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Institute of Public Accountants
- Personal Insolvency Professionals Association
Michael has vast experience working with individuals and companies of all sizes. Notable administrations that he has been involved with include the following:
- Successfully managed the restructure of a listed data communications and software development
- Negotiated the successful sale of a financial services business.
- Restructured and successfully negotiated the amalgamation of a leagues
- Managed the consolidation and sale of a well-known women’s shoe retail
- Successfully negotiated the sale of a medical research practice.
- Consolidated and successfully sold a chain of women’s accessory stores located throughout NSW and
Successfully executed one of the largest Personal Insolvency Agreements in the early 2000s.
Michael’s spare time is primarily taken up by his family however when the kids are not at his heels, he also plays basketball and likes to catch up on the latest TV shows/movies.
Expect a response within 24 hours.