Having previously worked in the financial services and not-for-profit sectors, Andrew has strong commercial acumen and the ability to provide clear strategic insights, which he applies to his formal and informal assignments.
Andrew prides himself on being a collaborative leader with advanced financial analysis skills. In addition to formal insolvency work, Andrew is able to offer clients advice on due diligence, strategic and operational planning, cash flow management, risk management and the tax effective winding up of solvent entities.
Andrew has worked across a range of sectors including:
- Registered Training Organisations
- owners’ corporations
- Registered Liquidator
- Master of Accounting
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Advanced financial analysis skills
- Strategy development
- Strategic insights
- Project management
- Collaborative leadership
- Liaising with legal firms, the Courts, Government
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA)
A Registered Liquidator, Andrew has extensive experience in business turnaround and recovery. Career highlights include:
- Trading a nursing home for 18 months (Essendon Nursing Home Pty Ltd)
- Managing an Owners’ Corporation (Rubicon Village)
- Trading a food distribution business (Snowstar Pty Ltd)
- Restructuring a metal fabrication business (Kiewa Valley Engineering Pty Ltd)
- Restructuring a webbing manufacturer in the textile industry (GJ & NJ Semertzidis Pty Ltd)
- Solvent wind-down of previously ASX-listed company (MRI Holdings Pty Ltd)
Andrew is very passionate about contributing to his local community, highlighted by his work with Volunteering Victoria, where he was on the Board and acted as Treasurer for eight years. He has also volunteered at Epworth Emergency, been Sunday Coordinator of Auskick, Treasurer of the local kindergarten, Duty Coordinator and Treasurer at Caulfield Little Athletics and has been a football coach. Outside of work, Andrew enjoys watching football, spending time with his sons on the Murray River, and being involved with his boys’ sporting clubs.