Stewart’s extensive experience and no-nonsense approach has been applied in a wide variety of formal and informal assignments enabling clear and achievable strategies to be implemented
Stewart’s clear and open communication with all stakeholders is often understated but represents one of his primary strengths. The ability to negotiate and develop strategy, where others cannot, has resulted in many positive outcomes for creditors that would otherwise not have been possible.
Stewart has gained experience across a broad range of industries, including:
- mining services and logistics
- retail and wholesale
- digital media
- manufacturing across a broad range of enterprises
- Trustee in Bankruptcy
- Registered Liquidator
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Justice of the Peace of NSW
Stewart has in excess of 20 years experience in the insolvency and reconstruction industry. He specialises in corporate and personal insolvency engagements across a diverse range of industries such as:
- Personal Insolvency
- Corporate Insolvency
- Business Restructuring
- Complex Litigation
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA) (Fellow)
- Associate membership of Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
Stewart has vast experience working with corporations of all sizes – from single-director businesses, SMEs and multi- company groups.
Stewart has been involved on the following significant businesses/companies:
- Grace Fashion Pty Ltd trading as SES Fashions (retail)
- Hanama Collection Pty Ltd trading as Paper Scissors, Chica Booti & Valleygirl NZ (retail)
- AP&D Consolidated Pty Ltd (heavy manufacturing)
- Apcally Pty Ltd T/A Sydney Wong Tai Sin Temple (Buddhist temple)
- Austrol Group if Companies (hi-tech manufacturing)
- Covers Design Pty Ltd trading as Covers (retail)
- AO Latham & Sons Pty Ltd trading as Latham’s Music (retail)
- The Gardens Sports Club Ltd (hospitality)
- Wahlstrom Consultants Pty Ltd (telecoms)
- The Waratahs Rugby Union Football Club Ltd (Registered Club)
Stewart and his family regularly travel to Vanuatu armed with cash and equipment (including school, sports and surfing supplies) for underprivileged children who live there. Operation Do Something, as the Frees call it, has raised more than $120,000 and donated more than 200 surfboards to the locals. The money has bought everything from school supplies, sporting equipment, tools, cookware and farming equipment.
Expect a response within 24 hours.